Rules and regulations for submissions to the Short-film Competition “Premio Stelvio Massi”
1) Sponsoring body
The cultural association “Fango&Assami Production” and Mr. Michele Fofi announce the Third Edition of the Short-film Competition “Premio Stelvio Massi” as part of the Civitanova Film Festival.
2) Key dates
- September 24th, 2016 submissions to the Short-Film Competition “Premio Stelvio Massi” open;
- March 31st, 2017 official entry deadline;
- From May 31st to June 4th, 2017 the third edition of the Civitanova Film Festival will be held at the Checchetti theatre in Civitanova Marche (Italy).
All the short-films submitted have to meet the following conditions to be eligible for consideration:
- the Competition doesn’t have any restriction about the movie genre (fiction, animated film, musical, documentary, sperimental film and more over are allowed to partecipate);
- short-film can be released in any format;
- short-film do not have to exceed 20 minutes in length, including credits;
- short-film do not have to be produced before January 1st, 2014;
- Competition’s subject is “THE STREET. TRAVELS, PEOPLES, LIVES”. The short-film submitted must be pertinent to the given subject to be considered;
- short-film may be submitted in any language different from Italian, however it must be subtitled in Italian;
- The Competion doesn’t have any restriction on short-films already showed, selected or awarded to other national or international festivals;
- Each author can only submit 1 work;
- The partecipation to the Competition doesn’t require the payment of any fees.
4) Entry Materials
All entries must include the following:
Short-film file, format h264, weight not over 1 GB, upload and send via Vimeo (vimeo.com) or WeTransfer (wetransfer.com), providing User ID and Password. Short films must be uploaded no later than March 31st, 2017.
Entry form properly filled out in all its part and signed, download.
Personal data handling policy filled out in all its part and signed, download.
5) How to enter
Short-films to be submitted for the official selection must be emailed at email@example.com with all the entry materials listed above.
The registration deadline is March 31st, 2017.
6) Selection and Festival Programmers
Festival Programmers and a Board of Directors choose the 24 short-films which will be presented in Competition.
The 24 short-films selected will be projected during the five days of the Civitanova Film Festival.
The list of the selected works will be published on the website http://www.civitanovafilmfestival.it.
7) Short-films Awards
The Festival hands out the following awards:
- “Stelvio Massi” awards (€ 700 and a plaque) for best short-film assigned by the Board of Directors;
- Best Director award (€ 400 and a plaque) assigned by the Board of Director;
- Best Screenplay award (€ 300 and a plaque) assigned by the Board of Director;
- Best Actor award (€ 300 and a plaque) assigned by the Board of Director;
- Best Actress award (€ 300 and a plaque) assigned by the Board of Director;
- Audience award (plaque) for the best short-film determined by audience ballot;
- “Fango&Assami” award (plaque) for the best short-film assigned by Festival Programmers.
Short-films chosen as one of the award winners agree to use the official logotype of the Civitanova Film Festival and the exact wording of the awards on all publicity.
Awards will be hand out to the winner or to the person authorised for the collection of the prize during the award ceremony (mandatory attendance).
8) Promotion and Property Rights
The Civitanova Film Festival reserves the right to include short-films or portions of short-films accepted to the Festival for promotional purposes.
Civitanova Film Festival cannot be held responsible if the film is lost or damaged during the download. After the Festival, short-films could be included in non-profit activities for cultural purposes and projected in libraries, cultural centres, local TV stations, streaming, etc.
Personal data collected by the festival programmers will be handled as per Art. 13 of Law by Decree n. 196/2003 “Personal Data Protection Code”.
10) General rules
Sponsoring body Fango&Assami production has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules and regulations and to advance further improvements in the regulations if necessary.
Partecipation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and the annex Entry form and Personal data handling policy.
The present regulations is available on the website www.civitanovafilmfestival.it. For further information, please contact the following persons in charge +39 328 9516459 (Mr Diego).